Saturday, July 12, 2014

Product Review: Review of Taste of Inspirations Neapolitan Pizza Sauce

(Originally Published at Yahoo.Voices formerly Associated Content~5/3/2012)

ABSTRACT: Despite being labeled a "Pizza" Sauce, Taste Of Inspirations Neapolitan Pizza Sauce can be used in a truly versatile manner for a variety of recipe dishes.

CONTENT: I recently had the wonderful good and great fortune of being sent a variety of jars of pasta sauces. This came about after I shared my product review article that I wrote here of Vito Marcello's Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce with none other than Vita Marcello himself on his Facebook page. He loved my article so much that he decided to send me four jars of different pasta sauces to me, of which this product review of Taste Of Inspirations Neapolitan Pizza Sauce is just one. UPDATE: My article review of Vito Marcello's Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce can now be found HERE

I have to admit when it came to choosing which pasta sauce Mr. Marcello sent me first I was a bit stymied, as they all sounded delicious, but finally decided on trying the 16 Oz. jar of Taste Of Inspirations Neapolitan Pizza Sauce first. Despite the name of being a "pizza sauce" I found it was versatile to use it in a number of different ways and I managed to whip up three different meals from it.

Now before I share my own recipes on how I used this sauce, let me share the ingredients of which are all natural and consists of: Tomatoes, Water, Onions, Pecorino Romano Cheese, Garlic, Canola Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salt, White Pepper, Parsley, Basil, and Rosemary.

The complete Nutrition Facts of Taste Of Inspirations Neapolitan Pizza Sauce are as follows: One Serving Size which is 1/4 cup has 25 Calories, Calories from Fat 10, Total Fat is 1 gram, Saturated Fat 0 grams, Trans Fat 0 grams, Cholesterol 0 Mg, Sodium 160 grams, Total Carbohydrates 3 grams, Dietary Fiber less than 1 gram, Sugar 2 grams. Bottom line, this sauce is wonderfully low in calories, fat, carbohydrates, sodium and sugar, and therefore perfect for anyone's dietary needs.

Now for the good part, that is, how I used this sauce. The first meal I made using this sauce was my version of Spanish Rice. I'll try to give as precise measurements of all the ingredients, but as they say, good cooks don't measure and I've been cooking a long time, so measurements are approximate.

My own Spanish Rice dish:

2 or 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 small onion chopped
1 or 2 cloves garlic minced
1 cup uncooked white rice
approximately 3/4 cup of Taste Of Inspirations Neapolitan Pizza Sauce
2 cups water
1 cup precooked Chicken breast cut into cubes**
1/2 cup Cooked Kidney Beans***
Optional:
One plum tomato sliced and diced
Half of one large green bell pepper, seeds removed, sliced and diced

In large skillet, heat Olive Oil over medium heat and add the chopped onions and minced garlic and sauté for a few minutes, add uncooked rice and continue to stir until rice is slightly browned. Add the Taste Of Inspirations Neapolitan Pizza Sauce and stir again, then add the 2 cups of water and again stir to blend. Finally add the cubed Chicken Breast and Kidney Beans, diced tomato and green pepper if used, stir once more, reduce heat to low and cover. Let simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking for approximately 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.

My version of Spanish rice can a great one dish meal (with chicken added) and can provide 2 healthy servings.
**This is also a great as a side dish with chicken if the chicken is omitted in the rice, and can serve up to four people.
***If you wish to have this as a more vegetarian type one dish--again omit the chicken and instead of only 1/2 cup cooked Kidney Beans, can add 3/4 of a cup beans instead. 2 Servings.

Now for my second recipe using Taste Of Inspirations Neapolitan Pizza Sauce:

Homemade Tuna Fish Cakes "Parmesan"

Two 5 Oz. Cans of Solid White Albacore Tuna (brand of your choice)
--drained of water or oil and rinsed under cold water in a strainer
One egg
approximately 1 cup flavored/seasoned breadcrumbs of your choice of brand ( I use 4-C)
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
approximately 1 cup of Taste Of Inspirations Neapolitan Pizza Sauce
Grated and/or shredded cheese of your choice: either Parmesan, Muenster or Mozzarella OR a bit of a blending of all if you wish

In a medium sized mixing bowl add the tuna and crumble up until tuna is in smaller pieces. Add egg and blend with hands. Pour breadcrumbs onto a plate, and take one-quarter of the tuna/egg mixture and form into a pattie or "fishcake" then place in breadcrumbs to give a coating of the breadcrumbs. One should have four patties.

Add the 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil into a large skillet and place the tuna fishcakes into skillet, allowing to brown for a few minutes, turn patties over to brown on the other side. Remove from heat.

Lightly grease a square or round 8" cake type pan and place fishcakes into pan. Pour enough of the Taste Of Inspirations Neapolitan Pizza Sauce on top of each fishcake to cover each one. On top of each fishcake then add the cheese or blend of cheeses of your choice, the exact amount is up to individual taste, but at least 1/4 of a cup. Place in a pre-heated oven at 350º degrees and let bake at least 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
Servings 4

Suggested side dishes: Pasta of your choice either spaghetti, rotini, or linguine; or mashed potatoes plus other vegetable of your choice

Well, now I had a dilemma on my hands! Most of the Taste Of Inspirations Neapolitan Pizza Sauce was nearly gone and not enough to make a full meal out of, ah, but being rather creative and not wanting the sauce to go to waste I came up with a solution and used the last of the sauce for how it was meant to be used...yes pizza!

English Muffin Pizza:

I was having a case of the late night snack attacks and wanted something to eat but didn't know what and then the idea came to me to have English Muffin Pizza! The recipe is very simple. Just take one English Muffin and slice in half if not already pre-sliced. I added the very last remaining Taste Of Inspirations Neapolitan Pizza Sauce equally on each half...about 1/4 cup each. Add approximately 1/4 cup of grated or shredded cheese of choice...I had shredded Muenster cheese at the time. In a pre-heated oven of 350º "bake" until cheese is bubbly and melted. How simple, right? And so delicious!
One serving.

From my recipes, you can see how wonderfully versatile Taste Of Inspirations Neapolitan Pizza Sauce really is. Now the "bad" news. You may discover that this brand of pasta sauce is hard to find in your own supermarket. According to the Vito Marcello website, one will most likely find it at a Stop and Shop, Hannaford, Giant or Market Basket supermarket or one can order directly via the Hannaford website itself and costs $3.49 per 16 Oz. jar (plus shipping charges). It's well worth ordering this sauce however, since as I discovered this rich and hearty sauce allowed me to create some really diverse and great meals. Just think of the possibilities you can come up with. It's a winner in my book!

Sources:

Life

To Order:
Hannaford website

For more information about Vito Marcello:
Vito Marcello website

No comments: