Monday, March 27, 2017

PRAYER TO BAST FOR A SICK CAT

IMAGE SOURCE~©MELANIE NEER~MY OWN STATUE OF BAST

BACKGROUND INFORMATION

Ever since childhood, I've had a great love for the Ancient Egyptian culture, quite literally grew up with it. I've also have had cats since I was five years old. I've always loved the idea of their being a feline goddess dedicated to cats. So when I came across this "prayer" I knew I had to share it. Found this particular "prayer" here:

Prayer To Bast For A Sick Cat

PRAYER TO BAST FOR A SICK CAT



“Great Lady of the Cats,

I call upon your sleek form to aid me.

Your child is ill here in my arms.

Come to us and bathe your child

with your tongue and heal her wounds,

Heal her nose and mouth,

so she may breathe and taste.

Heal her teeth and claws,

so she may hunt and eat.

Heal her eyes and ears,
so she may know the world.

Heal all those things that let her digest,

So she can grown healthy.

Heal her heart, lungs and legs,

so that she may travel on.

Heal her skin and fur,

so she may show beauty.

Heal her bones and joints,

so she can play again.

Heal her tongue,

so she can heal her sisters.”

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it!!! ❤️

Ms. Robin said...

Thanks for this:
I am using now on my sick fur baby. I am praying that Bast has compassion and heals my little Olivia.

Unknown said...

I'm praying that bast heals my sick Lil bit I love him so much